- 1½ pounds of Fontina cheese, rind removed and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup of High-Hand Olive Oil Company Spanish Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf of crusty baguette, sliced
- ¼ cup of High-Hand Olive Oil Company Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven on Broil and position oven rack about 5″ from heat.
- While you are preparing the other ingredients, spread a sliced baguette on a baking sheet and lightly toast the bread under the broiler. After the bread has been toasted, lightly rub each piece with a raw garlic clove.
- Next, spread the cubes of cheese in black cast iron skillet and drizzle with ¼ cup of High-Hand Olive Oil Company Spanish Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Combine the garlic, thyme and rosemary and sprinkle over the cheese. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the skillet in the oven, under the broiler for 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and starts to brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with sliced baguette and a drizzle of High-Hand Olive Oil Company Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar on top.
Note: You can change the flavors of this recipe by using other High-Hand Olive Oil Company oils and balsamic vinegar, or by trying other cheeses.