- 6 slices of bacon cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 pound of large sea scallops, patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- Fresh arugula or spinach
- High-Hand Olive Oil Company Green Apple White Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add bacon. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until brown and crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain excess bacon fat, leaving just about 2 tablespoons in the skillet. Increase heat to medium.
- Add scallops and apple slices to the pan and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the scallops are golden brown and opaque. About 2-4 minutes per side. Add bacon back to the pan to warm up.
- Serve the scallops, apples and bacon warm over a bed of spinach or arugula. Drizzle with High-Hand Olive Oil Company Green Apple White Balsamic Vinegar and garnish with Parmesan.