In honor of the Eggplant Festival, here’s a tasty recipe from your friends at High-Hand. Enjoy!
- 4 small eggplant or 1 larger eggplant
- ¼ – ½ cup of High-Hand Garlic Mushroom Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of High-Hand Black Currant Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Slice small eggplants lengthwise in half; larger eggplants should be cut crosswise.
- Lightly salt and pepper the slices and heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to pan, and when it shimmers add eggplant.
- Lower heat to medium and cook, covered, until eggplant is soft, turning once midway through cooking.
- When soft, add balsamic vinegar and cover. Turn heat off and let vinegar caramelize a little.